Friday, May 29, 2009

The cabinet is in!




We designed this cabinet ourselves and had a local cabinet maker build and install it recently.  It turned out really nice and gives the main wall of the living room a nice focal point compliment to the fireplace next to it.  It also calls to attention the angle of the ceiling and it's height.  I have a feeling things will need to be carefully selected and edited to keep it from looking busy and overwhelming.  I love the crispness of white cabinetry.

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting to see what good art and good furniture design can do together--it looks fantastic! I admire your restraint in popula-ting the shelves--I believe I would have everything I own up there! But the way you added things really lets the design of the shelves have a voice too. I hope you are enjoying it--and that the kitchen is almost finished!

    ReplyDelete